operated by Premier Imports, LLC
This class offers an introduction into the philosophy and methodology behind Soviet Armed Forces use of Spetsnaz units. This three day class will have students assigned to “roles” within a unit. There will be several leadership roles, sniper roles, machine gunner roles and riflemen positions. During this course students will become familiar with their weapons and scopes (for sniper positions), learn “shooting position” set up and basic concealment, movement within a unit, quick target acquisition and rapid fire. Students will gain an understanding of Soviet Spetsnaz methods to intercept convoys and caravans.
Apart from the main theme of this course students will have a chance to take part in identifying and disarming a booby trap, setting up traps, covering advance and retreat of a unit, basic radio com, setting up a bivouac and meal consumption Soviet Army style as well as a few other surprises that our staff has prepared.
This course is taught by our staff instructor Mark “Marco” Vorobiev with assistance from another staff instructor David Fortier.
This is going to be high-pace, high-intensity class with fair amount of shooting.
Cost - $550.00 per student for the entire course. Early registration discount of $50.00 is applicable if registration sent in 30 days prior the scheduled date of a Course.
This class is limited to 20 students. Spots are offered on a first come-first served basis.
Three day Class usually starts on Friday at 8:00AM, runs through the weekend
and ends at 5:00PM on Sunday, snow, rain or shine.
This Class will be a unit based class with specific roles assigned on a first come-first served basis. When registering for this course, please provide at least two position “roles” that you want to undertake. List of equipment for each “role” is below.
Class structure and available positions:
1 Group Leader/CO; 1 EcsO; 2 Squad Leaders; 4 Snipers/Designated Marksmen; 4 Light Machine Gunners; 8 Riflemen
What to bring:
What students can bring (following items are not necessary, but can be helpful as well as add to more realistic feel of the course):
Saturday night a BBQ dinner will be hosted by Behind Lines for all students, instructors and staff.
At the end of the Course Certificates of completion will be awarded.
- Your favorite rifle for Riflemen; Scoped rifle, preferably semi-automatic, although bolt-action rifles are also welcome for Snipers and RPK/RPD or BAR type rifle for Machine Gunners. Leadership positions would require rifles.
- 500-600 rounds of proper caliber ammunition. Additional ammo will be available for sale by Wolf Ammunition at the site.
- Binoculars, although not necessary, but range finding scale would be a great help for Snipers and Leaders only.
- Your most comfortable load bearing chest or belt rig.
- BDU or utility uniform/clothing that you would not mind getting dirty, dusty or muddy.
- Suitable and comfortable boots/shoes that you would not mind getting dirty, dusty or muddy.
- Head cover of your choice.
- Your most comfortable backpack.
- E-tool or spade. Limited number of Soviet e-tools with original covers will be available for purchase from Behind Lines at the site for $24.99.
- Canteen or water bottle. Limited number of Soviet canteens will be available for purchase from Behind Lines at the site for $24.99.
- Mess Kit with utensils. Limited number of Soviet Mess Kits (no utensils) will be available for purchase from Behind Lines at the site for $24.99.
- Eye and Hearing protection.
- Gun cleaning kit.
- Small note pad and pencil.
- Weather appropriate clothing. (Rain gear, warm clothing items and shoes).
- Ears, Eyes and Open Minds.
- Rain poncho.
- Shooting mat.
- Sleeping bag (for bivouac).
- Range finder.
- Side arm (no ammo).
- Flack jacket or Body Armor and Helmet.
Friday 8:00AM – 6:00PM
Saturday 8:00AM – 6:00PM
Sunday 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Please plan to arrive at the site at least 15 minutes before start of the Class. Expect to spend 10 hours in the field. Hardy breakfast and plenty of rest between class sessions is highly advised.
This site and all contents are copyright © 2005-2009 Premier Imports, LLC.
2866 Page Avenue • Ann Arbor, MI • 48104 • USA